Welcome to my review videos of “Your Money or Life: 9 Steps to transforming your relationship with money and achieving financial independence” by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez.
I will talk more about this in the video segments, but this is THE book that has had the most impact on how I relate to my money. It was “Your Money or Your Life” that finally kickstarted me in working with Ashlea to turn our money-life in a new direction and get us where we are today. Many of the lessons I learned in “Your Money or Your Life” have also had an effect on how I have built and run my business.
Of course I haven’t read “Your Money or Your Life” in 10 years, so maybe my feelings about it have changed. I am not sure, so I am re-reading the book now, and shooting videos of my biggest take-aways from each chapter. All of those take-away videos can be found in this blog post, so make sure to come back and watch the newest videos as I post them. I will post each updated chapter review with the date the videos were added so you can easily use the table of contents to jump to the videos you haven’t watched yet.
This is a new experiment in my business, so if you find this content valuable let me know by leaving a comment on this post, or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s get started!
Your Money or Your Life Review Table of Contents
1. Welcome video (Posted January 17, 2017)
2. Introduction and Prologue (Posted January 17, 2017)
3. The Money Trap: The Old Road Map for Money (Posted January 26, 2017)
4. Money Ain’t What it used to be – and never was (Posted February 3, 2017)
5. Where is it all going? (Posted February 21st)
6. How much is enough? The nature of fulfillment (Posted April 12, 2017)
7. Seeing Progress (Posted April 17 2017)
8. The American dream – on a shoestring (Posted April 21 2017)
9. For love or money: Valuing your life energy – work and income (Posted May 3 2017)
10. The Crossover Point: The pot of gold at the end of the wall chart (Posted May 26 2017)
11. Now that you’ve got it, what you going to do with it? (Posted May 26 2017)
12. Final Conclusion (Posted May 26 2017)
Introduction and Prologue
Introduction and Prologue Takeaways Part One
Introduction and Prologue Takeaways Part Two
The Money Trap: The Old Road Map for Money
Chapter One Takeaways Part One
Chapter One Takeaways Part Two
Chapter One Takeaways Part Three
Chapter One Takeaways Part Four
Money Ain’t What it Used to Be – and Never Was
Chapter Two Takeaways Part One
Chapter Two Takeaways Part Two
Chapter Two Takeaways Part Three
Chapter Two Takeaways Part Four
Chapter Two Takeaways Part Five
Chapter Two Takeaways Part Six
Where is it all going?
Chapter Three Takeaways Part One
Chapter Three Takeaways Part Two
Chapter Three Takeaways Part Three
How much is enough? The nature of fullfillment.
Chapter Four Takeaways Part One
Chapter Four Takeaways Part Two
Chapter Four Takeaways Part Three
Chapter Five Takeaways Part One
Chapter Five Takeaways Part Two
Chapter Five Takeaways Part Three
The American dream – on a shoestring
Chapter Six Takeaways Part One
Chapter Six Takeaways Part Two
Chapter Six Takeaways Part Three
Chapter Six Takeaways Part Four
For Love or Money: Valuing Your Life Energy – Work and Income
Chapter Seven Takeaways Part One
Chapter Seven Takeaways Part Two
Chapter Seven Takeaways Part Three
Chapter Seven Takeaways Part Four
The Crossover Point: The Pot of Gold at the End of the Wall Chart
Chapter Eight Takeaways Part One
Chapter Eight Takeaways Part Two
Now that You’ve Got it, What are You Going to Do With it?
Chapter Nine Takeaways Part One